Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Favorite Anchors



I was having one of those days when everything, for no particular reason, seemed overwhelming and pointless. It was gray and drizzly outside. My mood matched the weather. Then I watched this video. It's silly, in the very best sense of the word. Here are two people who decided to make the most of a small gap in their time to do something simply for the fun of it. What emerges, along with the surprising and hilarious choreography, is so warm, funny, and affectionate that it snapped me--for the moment, at least--out of my Tuesday funk. The commercial break ends, they go back to their more serious jobs, the news marches on. But it's a reminder that the smallest of things can suddenly make life seem a little more charmed and precious.

Bravo, Robert Jordan and Jackie Bange, for putting a smile on a lot of people's faces. Keep up that routine!

No comments: